Be the first one to receive latest updates.
The food distribution assistant is responsible for assisting the distribution of food
commodities on the field according to the methodologies and guidelines provided by
Plan International. The Distribution Assistant will be part of a team responsible for
ensuring a smooth and clear distribution process, from enrolment to disbursement.
They are responsible for monitoring beneficiaries’ enrolment and verifying their
identity card. During disbursement, they will monitor the process with Community
Mobilizers. This will include spot-checks on beneficiaries’ identification.
• Assist the Distribution Officer in arranging, organizing, and attending distributions and
preparing post–distribution reports.
• Assist the Distribution Officer in organizing and arranging distributions according to
SOP defined by Mon Club International.
• To assist Distribution Officer in the distribution of commodities to eligible beneficiaries
by strictly following verification process and methodology and standards defined by
• To Foresee crowd control, verification of beneficiary and receipt of entitled
commodities by the beneficiary in exact amount as entitled in methodology;
• To collect all data needed for reporting after distributions.
• Submit accurate and detailed reports on distributions and assistance provided to
beneficiary during distributions
• Ensure that all commodities entrusted to MonClub arriving at the food distribution
point are properly accounted for.
• Scrutinize all waybills for commodities arriving at the distribution points. Ensure the
commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit ,
and damaged (In the field and FDP). All observations must be recorded immediately.
• Commodities must carefully be counted during off-loading.
• At the distribution points, commodities must be stacked and organized by commodity
type to facilitate easy distribution.
• Take an active role in registering and verifying beneficiaries to ensure the process is
• Organize and supervise general food distributions in the field and FDPs.
• At the food distribution points, commodities must be properly stacked on plastic
• Ensure that the food distribution point is properly organized and secured with ropes
and crowd control measures to ensure smooth distribution and flow of beneficiaries.
• Responsible for ensuring all necessary distribution equipment is available at the
distribution point, including forms, ropes, banners, plastic sheets, measuring devices ,
• Supervise loading of food that is left over after distributions. Ensure a waybill is
prepared for food to be returned to the warehouse.
• Prepare daily distribution point visit reports and Food Monitor reports. This is a MUST
• Ensure proper completion and safe return of all tally documents and beneficiary lists
to the office for safe storage.
• Ensure proper accounting of all quantities of commodities received and distributed at
each distribution point.
• Prepare all other reports upon request by the Distribution officer.
• Provide suggestions on improvement of the work process if needed.
Distribution Crowd Control:
• Overseeing the entire distribution site, manual laborers to ensure safety for the
beneficiaries, Monclub distribution team, and WFP food.
• Supporting the Distribution Officer and Line Monitor in organizing the manual laborers
for offloading the food commodity.
• Organizing beneficiaries in straight lines at the distribution and maintaining order
through strong and positive communication and a gracious attitude.
• Verifying required head of household identification cards at the gate to ensure the
family is entitled to receive a ration.
• Identifying vulnerable beneficiaries (widows, pregnant women, elderly) to ensure they
have priority in receiving their rations.
• Verify necessary family documentation and record beneficiary household information
onto Excel or paper registration form according to WFP’s reporting requirements .
• Review and verify head of household records at the end of the distribution, making
changes to head of household records if there are any abs ent / incomplete records.
· Performing all other tasks and responsibilities as Distribution Officer / Program Manager
• Hausa and Kanuri are required; English preferred
OND, HND, Bsc in social sciences
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Monclub
International’s code of conduct, understand the principles of Monclub International’s
statement of faith, and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below
represent the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Attention to detail, anticipation, and follow-up are core values of the job function while
maintaining confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
· Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced
· Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
· Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Must be a humble team player.
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
· Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel,